I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Art Yarns!

I wanted to wait until I was able to retake pictures of these skeins before posting here, but it was another gray day today. So, here is a mosaic of two new colors that I listed in my etsy shop yesterday -

The top one is "Sangria Garden Rose", spun from hand dyed merino wool dyed by the Yarn Wench. I really love this color and do have another batch of it. Not sure if it will become two more art yarn skeins, or something else.

The bottom one is also Yarn Wench merino, in color "Adriatic". Gorgeous shades of blues, greens and purple in this one, with lots of fun novelty yarns spun in!

These will probably be the last art yarns I spin for a week or so, but we'll see. I do have a box full of brighter fibers ready to spin into art yarns, but I just don't think they are "ready" to be spun yet!?!? I'm just not "feeling" them right now. I know that's odd, but art yarns aren't something I can "force" - usually they have to simmer or percolate a bit before finally being ready. When they (or *I*) are ready, though, I'll have a nice bright batch!

Right now, I've got lots of bamboo colors ready to spin (including a couple for some custom orders), and also 4 new batches of Falkland from Cloudlover. Since I'm getting ready for a show this Saturday, I'm also knitting. I am hoping to finish three shawls before Saturday. If I have time, I'll be spinning the bamboo and Falkland in between knitting!

I will be listing two colors of bamboo tomorrow - more "Bluebonnet Belle" and a new one, "Mocha Bliss".

Now, it's back to knitting this shawl . . .

No comments:

AddThis