I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Indy 500

Even though I don't watch much IRL racing during the rest of the year, I do watch the Indianapolis 500 each year (along with the Miller 200 (or whatever it's called now) that is in Milwaukee). I have actually been there twice - once for the race itself and once for the time trials. Each time it was a road trip with my dad and a couple other people, so I guess the race is one of those father/daughter bonding moments, and I like to watch it because of that history. If I weren't so lazy, I'd dig out the pictures from our trip and scan them in . . . but, not this year.

If any of the WOMEN win, check out my etsy shop after the race for a special sale!

Or, if John Andretti or AJ Foyt IV wins, I'll also have a special. These are the names I recognize from those days of following it alot more closely. I can't believe an Andretti has only won once! And, it looks like Marco is already out. My boyfriend's pick is Scott Dixon, so maybe I'll include him in my winner's special, too.

Edited to add - the PINK CAR to the list of if-they-win-then-have-a-special!

Anyways, now it's time for some racing, burgers, and Mike's Lemonade!

No comments:

AddThis