I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Sunday, May 17, 2009

DESTASH SUNDAY WEEK THREE - Commercial Yarns

Here is this week's DESTASH post! Today, I've got mostly commercial yarns. Pricing is based on what I paid and does include shipping in the USA. Also, prices are for the whole bag or batch as shown and described. If you want only one or two balls, I may consider breaking up the lots, but the best deals are if you buy the entire lot. Please email me if you do want fewer balls than what is included in a lot.

First, the "rules" -
Each item has a price listed. I prefer paypal payment.
Shipping is FREE in the USA. I prefer not to ship these internationally, but if you live outside the USA and are interested, please email me for shipping costs.
Sorry, no discounts on the yarn lots today.
To purchase, please EMAIL ME at kittygrrlzinc@yahoo.com
In the case of multiple requests for the same item, I will go by whoever emailed first.
I will remove items as they are sold.

First, is one ball of Austermann Melody in color "Berry Medley" (color 107, Berry Medley, L1276502) = $4
Fibre Content: 43% Wool/ 42% Acrylic/ 15% Nylon
Made In: Italy
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Gauge: 10 st/4 inches 7.0-8.0 mm (US 10 1/2-11)
Approximately 82 yards

Next is a lot of 3 balls of Lana Grossa PEP Stripes yarn - color 706, Lacquer Red and Charcoal, L7871. This is SUPER SOFT! I did start knitting with these - the picture does show a small swatch of what it looks like knit with two strands - I undid that, though, and wound it back, so you should receive 3 full balls = $15
Fibre Content: 80% Microfibre/ 20% Nylon
Made In: Italy
Care: Machine Wash/ Dry Flat
Gauge: 17 st/4 inches 4.5-5.0 mm (US 7-8)
50g (1.75 oz) ball Yardage: 110 m (120 yards)

Austermann Candy Color in color "Bumbleberry" (color 06, lot L44). I have a total of 8 balls and I will also include a pattern sheet that has two patterns on it for this yarn and there should be enough of the yarn to make either of them, but not both, in the small size. = $45
Fibre Content: 100% Nylon Microfiber
Made In: Italy
Care: Machine Wash/ Dry Flat
Gauge: 13 st/4 inches 6.0-7.0 mm (US 10-10 1/2)
50g (1.75 oz) ball Yardage: 90 m (98 yards)

Undyed Collection - PLUME - 100% polyester yarn for dyeing. This is a thick plume yarn, similar to Gedifra Costa Rica. I bought this to have someone dye it, but was unable to get it done because of the different dyes that needed to be used for polyester. I would love to actually have someone dye this FOR ME. If you might be interested, and have the ability to dye polyester, please CONTACT ME as I'd work something out to send you the skeins and pay to have them dyed. But, if you just want the yarn to play with, and wouldn't be able to dye it up right away, the full bag of 10 skeins is $15
Fibre Content: 100% Polyester
Made In: China
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Gauge: 8 st/4 inches 10.0 mm (US 15)
50g (1.75 oz) hank Yardage: 35 m (38 yards)

Berroco Boho Colors - color #9348 Sangria - I have 10 balls of this multi-colored yarn. You can find out more about this on Berroco's site HERE including free patterns. Total for all 10 balls = $50
FIBER: 37% Cotton, 22% Rayon, 21% Nylon, 20% Polyester
BALL WEIGHT: 1.75 oz / 50 g
BALL LENGTH: 98 yds / 90 m
GAUGE: 5 sts = 1" 20 sts & 25 rows = 4" (10cm)
NEEDLE SIZE: 9(US) / 5.5 mm
CARE:
Hand wash in cool water. Lay flat to dry.

Schachenmayr Nomotta "Scaletta" yarn in color "Mimosa" (0022, Mimosa, L59322). I had this yarn in a couple of other colors and knit a couple of things with it, including one of my first-ever sweaters. I love it, and this is a bright and fun color. I have a total of 9 balls and may be able to find the patterns I used, too. Total for all 9 balls = $50
Fibre Content: 35% Cotton/ 30% Acrylic/ 20% Nylon/ 15% Viscose Rayon
Made In: Italy
Care: Machine Wash Gentle/ Dry Flat
Gauge: 18 st/4 inches 5.0-6.0 mm (US 8-10)
50g (1.75 oz) ball Yardage: 90 m (98 yards)

Tahki Yarns - CHAT Print in color Blazing Sunset (023, Blazing Sunset, L6584) - I love this color and started knitting a top with it - you can see that in the photos, though I have frogged it and wrapped the yarn back up so I have 9 full balls - color shows best in top two pictures - total for all 9 = $38
Fibre Content: 100% Cotton
Made In: Germany
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Gauge: 14 st/4 inches 6.0 mm (US 10)
50g (1.75 oz) ball Yardage: 80 m (87 yards)

Another lot of Katia SPRAY in color 2552 (dye lot 74245) - a multicolored, almost tye-dye effect yarn. This batch is for 8 balls = $20
Fibre Content: 100% Cotton
Made In: Spain
Care: Machine Wash/ Dry Flat
Gauge: 10 st/4 inches 8-10 mm (US 11-15)
50g (1.75 oz) ball Yardage: 50 m (55 yards)

This next lot includes a couple of different kinds of yarns and colors, but thought I'd put them together for better savings. Included are two balls of Katia Bolero in a bright orange and yellowish-green color (#15/85894A), two balls of Schachenmayr Nomotta Figo yarn in an orange/brown/yellow color (#0090/003), one ball of Figo in a peachy/rose/yellow color (#0089/002), and one ball of Figo in a tannish gold/pink/yellow color (#0087/002). Total for lot of 6 balls = $15
Katia Bolero -
Fibre Content: 28% Rayon/ 26% Cotton/ 26% Acrylic/ 20% Nylon
Made In: Spain
Care: Machine Wash/ Dry Flat
Gauge: 19 st/4 inches 4.0-4.5 mm (US 6-7)
50g (1.75 oz) ball Yardage: 90 m (98 yards)
Schachenmayr FIGO -
Content: 70% polyester, 30% nylon
Made in: Turkey
Size: 50g/77 yards
Gauge: 16sts/4" using needle #10.75-11US
Care: machine wash/dry flat


Schachenmayr Nomotta PRINCESS yarn in color Orchid Mist (#49/L1408-311138) - I have 4 full balls and a partial, along with the knit piece shown in the pictures. You will get everything shown for $15
Fibre Content: 72% Acrylic Microfibre/ 28% Viscose Rayon
Made In: Turkey
Care: Machine Wash/ Dry Flat
Gauge: 18 st/4 inches 4.0-5.0 mm (US 6-8)
50g (1.75 oz) ball Yardage: 125 m (136 yards)

Austermann PLAYA yarn - a really soft nylon/microfiber yarn in a beautiful color - 04, Magenta Sea, L69. I knit this scarf with this yarn, and have 3 full balls plus a partial ball remaining. Total for 3 full balls and partial = $18
Fibre Content: 72% Nylon Microfibre/ 28% Nylon
Made In: Italy
Care: Machine Wash Gentle/ Dry Flat
Gauge: 9-13 st/4 inches 10-12 mm (US 15-17)
50g (1.75 oz) ball Yardage: 60 m (65 yards)

This next lot is a batch of yarn I bought on ebay ages ago from Life's An Expedition. It is about 1-1/2 pounds of a yarn that is actually 4 strands together. I think it is a wool/acrylic blend, but I honestly don't remember the details. You will get this large lot for only $25!

The final lot is two balls of Lily Sugar n Cream cotton yarn. These were supposed to match, but as you can see they are from different dye lots. In total, two complete balls are included = $4

Well, I think that is it for today. Next week will be hand spun yarn odds and ends, including some complete skeins from other wonderful spinners. I also still have some fiber from previous weeks and you can see those posts HERE, HERE, and HERE.

No comments:

AddThis