I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Amazing . . .

that i actually DID get up for work today, and even early, like i needed to, so i could shower . . .

last night (before waking up at midnight) was good! i exercised, made a really good stir fry, and had plenty of time to spin. Being the contrary fiber that it was being, "Maritime" actually ended up being a single ply. I started spinning and realized I absolutely *loved* the colors in this one and didn't want to muss them by plying, so here is the "Maritime" single ply:

You can see pictures of it on the bobbin and the niddy noddy here! It turned out a little bulky and just slightly thick and thin AND I think it could actually work with the Turquoise Shadows yarns! As soon as the Turquoise Shadow yarn is out of this treasury on etsy (if it doesn't sell), I plan on knitting them up and I think Maritime may have the same fate!

I also prepped the Fiber of the Month from Spunky Eclectic for spinning tonight. Here is is BEFORE I pre-drafted it:

I am pretty sure it will be a two-ply . . .

Now, if I can just get through this day at work . . .

No comments:

AddThis