I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tiptoe through the Tulips . . .

(that totally reminds me of my Grandpa, and also Whitnall Park and all the flowers!)

anyways . . . last night I didn't exercise. But it's *okay* I didn't as I really needed to take a day off--my muscles were aching! I feel much better today and will definitely tonight . . .

but, that meant i had more time for spinning. even though it was hot. and i wasn't feeling well. and i was really tired. somehow, i managed to spin up all 7.9 oz of the Spunky Eclectic's Fiber of the Month for June, "Tulip". Here are some shots of the halfway point with half the fiber spun up and half as a single on the bobbin, and a couple of not-so-great shots of the finished yarn. I wanted to call it "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" but that doesn't seem to fit. When plying it kind of reminded me of the Circus World Museum for some reason so I was going to call it "Circus World". But, when I looked at it this morning that doesn't really seem to fit either!?! So, I have no idea what it will finally be called, but here are the pics:



The fiber is Blue Faced Leicester and was my first time spinning it! It was a lot softer than I thought it would be, and the luster is wonderful! I'm hoping to get some better pics of the yarn tonight! I ended up with 150 and 65 yards of probably a worsted or heavey worsted weight two-ply.

And, don't forget to check out MY TREASURY on etsy! I'm switching in some new items this morning!

AND!! There is going to be a HUGE YARN WENCH UPDATE TODAY!!! (or TOMORROW!) I'm really hoping it is today! Check it out! She will have 41 new fibers and 2 new yarns!!

No comments:

AddThis