I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Friday, June 8, 2007

Orchid Sky Art Yarn!

Here is the yarn I spun from the fiber posted earlier this week! It is not on my site or etsy yet, but probably will be soon. I love it! The pictures don't capture all the sparkle from the angelina! I am hoping to take new pictures before i list it, but for now:


This yarn was spun from handdyed Merino wool (dyed by the Yarn Wench). I also spun in handdyed Romney Locks (also dyed by the YW) and three European novelty/specialty yarns. There is also lots of angelina in there and then I plied it with rayon thread!

Here are some fun shots i created using the "artistic effects" on my new camera!

Kaleidoscope Bobbin:
"Solarize" Bobbin:

And, finally, here is a mosaic created with fdsflickrtoys that shows the fiber from beginning to end:

No comments:

AddThis