I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Woolee Winder!

So, I have recently been contemplating buying another wheel that would give me greater bobbin capacity. I love my Minstrel, but getting 4 oz on the bobbin is tough . . .

Then there became the real possibility that we'll be buying a house next year (maybe) . . .

so I realized that another wheel really would be out of the question . . . BUT . . .

when someone posted a Woolee Winder for sale on a spinning list I'm on . . .

I thought, well, they say the bobbins of the Woolee Winder have a little more capacity . . .

and, it would maybe speed up some of my spinning . . .

and, it is $200-300 cheaper than a new wheel . . .

SO, I bought it! I got it yesterday and I LOVE IT!! I can fit 4 oz OR MORE single ply and even plied I was able to get a full 4 oz on it and I still had a little room!! AND it DOES help me spin faster because I'm not stopping/starting to move the yarn . . . It won't be perfect for all types of spinning, but it sure worked like a dream last night spinning up this Neapolitan II yarn!

Here are some pics!

4 oz single ply! And look at all that room!
4 oz, plied! A little bit of room left, but certainly more than when I squeeze it onto my regular bobbins!

And, sometimes it really IS the little things! I bought some purple hemp cord for my wheel this weekend! I did buy some sturdier natural colored as well, but this was on .25! And I LOVE purple, so . .

And, here is the finished yarn:
So, yes, I am a Woolee Winder convert now!

No comments:

AddThis