I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Friday, March 27, 2009

Leaves of (Ocean) Grass and Black Cherry Art yarns

So, yesterday I was supposed to be spinning bamboo for a custom request that I've had for way too long. I am horrible for not just spinning it but I was really motivated and inspired to spin a couple of art yarns. Thus, instead of spinning the bamboo, I spun these four art yarn skeins -

The top two are more "Tainted Love" but this time I'm sticking to the colorway name of "Black Cherry" because this fiber batch was so dark and wonderful and saturated that I actually spun in some black eyelash yarns along with the other colors. So these are just a bit different than previous skeins. The bottom two are spun from the colorway "Whitman", which helped inspire the name - Leaves of (Ocean) Grass. I had to add the ocean to it because there was something about it that made me think of the sea. Both were spun from merino wool handdyed by Lynn aka The Yarn Wench.

All of these are on etsy, and now, I must really finish spinning that bamboo!!

No comments:

AddThis