I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's been too long . . .

and I have so much I could post but no time!

I've been spinning up bamboo fiber and will continue to do so this month, but here are a couple of shots of what I did this past weekend:



And, here are some other new yarns that are now listed:

As you can see, I haven't been doing many of the art yarns lately - I WANT to, but feel I need to expand my variety a little, plus I am preparing for upcoming shows, which means - knitting shawls!!



The shawls are really becoming a priority as I will be doing a show at the Hilldale Mall in Madison, Wisconsin on May 3 and 4 called "Artistic Accessories" and I really want to have the shawls in as many colors as possible.

I also am trying to spin up the rest of the bamboo fiber I have - it is on special this month for my newsletter subscribers - and I think it will be good to have some non-wool yarns for these warmer-weather shows (well, if it IS warmer by April 12 and May 3/4!).

Oh! One more thing (well, two) . . . here is another new yarn. It is one of my "Rocky Roads" yarns which is a bulky single plied with thread with occasional coils/beehives along the way . .
And, I also just checked, and I don't think I posted this new art yarn! "Compendium" is merino wool spun up with lots of novelty yarns snippets and plied with thread. I plan on making more in this colorway, too, just haven't gotten to it yet:


I've also listed some new hand spun single ply yarns, too! (They are also on special this month for newsletter subscribers only - if you'd like to be on my newsletter list and receive ONE email a month with specials and updates, please EMAIL ME ) Check it out at kittygrrlz.com or my shop on etsy!

2 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

Your bamboo yarn is so shiny and pretty. The colors are amazingly vivid. Great job!

Just Another Runner said...

Thank you!

I know bamboo is very popular right now, but it honestly isn't my favorite thing to spin - but so soft and silky!!

AddThis