I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Wild Birds

Morning all! Here are some better pictures of the new yarn I mentioned yesterday!

It is now listed on etsy and will be on my website very soon.

Last night, I opted to spin a new yarn instead of doing the second skein of Wild Birds. This one is from a color called "Mahogany Peacock", hand dyed merino wool from the Yarn Wench. It is one of my absolute favorite colorways ever! I was so happy when she dyed more of it! Here are a couple of pictures of the other yarns I have made with this color, and also the items I knit with the previous art yarn:

Navajo 3-ply

Previous art yarns (two skeins)
And, the hat and scarf I knit with the art yarns:


It was one of my most favorite yarns I've ever spun so when I had the chance at the color again, I jumped at it. I finished the first skein last night. I still have half of this fiber batch to spin and also another 4 oz batch. I'm not sure I'll do art yarns with the other 4 oz, but I am with the first batch. Here is a sneak peak of the first skein spun last night (should be listed later today with much better pictures - the blue is a little more teal/peacock than the picture shows).

As you can see, it is slightly different than the first yarn. I used some different novelties this time and also did some coils/beehives while plying. Again, the blue isn't quite right, and it is plied with shiny rayon thread in color "peacock". I look forward to spinning the matching skein (probably tomorrow) and also figuring out what to do with the second batch!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Porter said...

so beautiful!!! Your navajo ply is supah gorgeous!

Just Another Runner said...

thank you! i haven't done one in awhile, i should, soon!

AddThis