I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lots going on this week!

So, tomorrow I will have a featured yarn ad on Ravelry! It will be promoting my "Plum . . . Divine" FunctionArt yarns! I have one ad that I will be using for sure, and another that I might be rotating in. For those who aren't on Ravelry, here are the ads, designed by Scott Bertz of WebWorkLife.

Plum . . . Divine FunctionArt ad:

FunctionArt Ad:

Of course, this means that I have been working hard to have more Plum Divine yarns done! I have 4 of 6 skeins spun up so far and am hoping to finish the last two tonight. Each set of 2 is slightly different. The first set has green, purple, and burgundy yarns spun in while the second set only has green and purple. The second set also has coils and beehives for added texture. I'm not sure what the final set will be - I think it will be closer to the first batch, though, since there is a lot of burgundy in that particular batch of fiber.

I've also got a few special requests in the works as well as working on something else that I'll post about tomorrow. In the meantime, here are some new yarns!

Some more coils! This set is "Smoky Heart" and now on etsy and will be on my website soon!

I also have a Navajo 3-ply skein to list later today. This was spun from hand dyed merino wool, dyed by the Yarn Wench - a color called "Kilkenny". I've already spun other batches of this color into the "Compendium" FunctionArt Yarn, and also a small Novel-Ply skein called "Surprise Party". It's interesting to see the same color spun up in different ways! This is the "Compendium" Navajo 3-ply, and again, this will be listed later today:

And, finally, here is a sneak peak at the Plum . . . Divine skeins! These will not be available until late tonight or early tomorrow morning:


These two are the "Plum - Wine - Divine" One is 130 yards and the other is 124 yards. Bulky weight.
This is one of two Plum - Lime - Divine skeins. They are 94 yards and 84 yards, bulky/super bulky weight and also have coils/beehives spun occasionally for extra texture.

That's it for now! Make sure to check back tomorrow for more Plum Divine pictures and also something else!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I am in love with all these yarns!

Just Another Runner said...

thank you! :)

AddThis