I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Spinning!

So, last night I spun for 6 hours! Woohoo!! I also spun today! Since I plan on spinning some more tomorrow, I wanted to post the pics of what I've got done so far!

First, I spun up the Spunky Club Fiber of the Month. This colorway was called "Celebration" and is Shetland wool. Here is a picture of the two skeins of single ply yarn I spun:
You can see more pictures of the individual skeins HERE on FLICKR!

Then, I spun up some dyed merino wool I got from insurbordiknit. This fiber was supposed to be another flower yarn, but I really didn't think it matched the flowers I had quite right. So, I did a simple boucle-type yarn--spun a thick/thin single of the merino and then plied it with hand-dyed novelty yarn (novelty yarn is nylon and hand-dyed for me by the yarn wench!) Again, here is one picture but more can be seen on flickr:

Then, today, I spun up a two-ply yarn from gorgeous, soft, handdyed Falkland wool dyed by the Yarn Wench. She called it "Violets Against Women". This skein is 246 yards.

Well, that's it so far. I'm hoping to have more to show on Monday morning!

No comments:

AddThis