I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Monday, July 30, 2007

More new yarns!

So, it was definitely a weekend of spinning! Besides going out for a late lunch/early dinner on Saturday, I spent most of the weekend spinning. I already posted what I finished on Friday and Saturday, so here is what I did on Sunday. All of these pictures were taken before "setting the twist" . .

Tangled Up In Blue handspun yarn--this one was spun from a carded batt from the Yarn Wench! I plied it with blue thread. It is my favorite of the weekend, I think:

Then, I spun up the 8 oz of handdyed wool I had from The ArtsAtEaglesFind, colorway called Tequila Sunrise. The first 4 oz were split and spun into two art yarns, including one new Hello Kitty skein!


And, the second 4 oz were spun into a "two ply with flair", meaning a two ply with tons of handdyed Romney and Cotsworld locks spun in! The locks were dyed by the Yarn Wench.


I feel alot better, now, that I've got some spinning done! I've got some plans for specific yarns this week (once I get my box of fiber from the Yarn Wench--she did another huge update on Friday and of course I couldn't resist. I tried, really, but ended up with lots of new fiber and a couple of them are going to be spun up right away!). I'll also be doing some knitting (still have to finish that shawl as spinning definitely took over the weekend!).

No comments:

AddThis