I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Show season is over for me - now what?

So, my shows are over for the year! I admit, I feel so relieved and happy and FREE now! I DO like doing shows and find them an important part of keeping Kitty Grrlz going, but I'm not going to lie - they are tough and take a lot out of me. Mostly, though, I'm really happy to know that now, for at least the next month or so - maybe longer - I can spin all I want! Without the pressure of the shows hanging over me, I hope to just see where the fiber and wheel take me.

I've already got some new single ply yarns ready to be listed today. I've got some great art yarns planned for this week, too. More bamboo will be coming almost daily now for the next few weeks, and I've got some great merino/silk blends that will become Squish-tastic! yarns and Navajo 3plys . . . there is so much I want to spin that while I feel like I'm on vacation without upcoming shows on my schedule, I know I will still be busy busy busy spinning away!

I'm also running some great Holiday Specials for those subscribing to my new Newsletter. Usually this is the time of year when I offer some of the best specials. I'm also giving away 4 skeins of yarn to 4 lucky subscribers this month! To join in on the fun, please subscribe to my new newsletter - you can do so at the bottom of my kittygrrlz.com site - HERE!

And, this week, as part of the EtsyKnitters team on Etsy - I will be taking part in a "virtual" Trunk Show on Friday, Dec 12th at 6:30 pm EST - I believe you can join the fun by going HERE at that time! Some of the team members will be showcasing some of their best items, chatting about the process, and also offering some specials during the time of the show. I will be taking part and showcasing my Hand Spun Art Cowls, Scarves, and also my wristwarmers.

I don't have all of the new yarn pictures uploaded to flickr yet, but here is one new art yarn skein that is available - I'll probably post later or tomorrow with yarn pictures!


No comments:

AddThis