I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New yarns

It was another late night last night (or early morning, depending on how you look at it!) but I did get 5 yarns spun yesterday! Those should be listed later today . . .

This post will be for the yarns from Monday - two Batt-tacular! Singles spun from Spontaneous Spinning batts from LOOP. The first is "Dazzling Dusk" - 150 yards, 4.1 oz, DK weight -

And, the second is "Pretty in Pinkish" - 100 yards, 3.4 oz, more worsted weight and slightly thick n thin. I also have 10 yards of an art yarn for this one since that is what I was originally going to spin with the batt - but it has a lot of bamboo in it and I prefer not to spin bamboo into art yarns - anyways, here it is -

I also finished this two-ply spun from the Chocolate Liqueur bamboo batts (also from Loop). This one is for a custom spin -
And, also these coils, which I think will also be for a special request -

Today, I've got some more coils to do and I think I'll be spinning another "Squish-tastic!" 2ply, this time with a merino/tencel blend as the thin ply. I've got 5 yarns to photograph and list - all but one are "Batt-tacular!" yarns, plied with thread and spun from various batts from TerraBellaSpun and one from FeltStudioUK. The fifth yarn is a single ply of the Chocolate Liqueur batt!

I think that's all for now!

No comments:

AddThis