I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Midwest Fiber & Folk Art Fair

Well, I've been a bit distracted this week so have missed posting, but I really wanted to mention where I will be THIS WEEKEND!

The MIDWEST FIBER & FOLK ART FAIR in Crystal Lake, Illinois! It is my first 3-day show or fair and also my first strictly-fiber event! You can get more information HERE.

In preparation for the show I have been spinning almost non-stop. I have lots of new bamboo spun up (and I still don't have all done that I *want* done, but today it is time to spin some art yarns!). I also have a few corespun yarns as I just decided to try it yesterday and really liked it - so I have 3 of those, too. Also, a new Novel-Ply yarn that is just so squishy and soft! I don't have pictures yet of anything because I just don't have the time to take/edit/upload them right now. Whatever remains after the weekend will be listed next week, though.

I do have a few new ones from last week that I don't think I've shared -

Wild Birds Again - slightly different version of the Wild Birds art yarn - I have two skeins available - here is one (you can click on the picture to go to my etsy listing)

Oops, I don't have the pics of the two bamboo colors on flickr yet - so here is just a link to their etsy listings -

PUMPKIN PATCH

SPRING FOREST

Well, I think that's all I have time for - it's time for me to get to my wheel! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh have fun! I am going to a fiber fest in NY in Sept. I can't wait...
I can't spin right now because I have broken both my wheels... must be the humidity :(
Love your yarns!!

Unknown said...

do you have a hard time imagining how you had time to do a day job?
good luck this weekend. we have our first ever summer craft fair this weekend (we organized it because we envied all the other places that had them!)

esque said...

Good luck and have fun!

AddThis