I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Monday, August 20, 2007

Tons of new yarns!

This will be very photo-heavy as I've got a ton of new yarns that I've spun up over the past four days! I'm going to try to post only one photo per yarn but if you want to see more, please check out my flickr account here! I'll be going backwards--most recently done to older ones done at the end of last week.

This is another Navajo 3-ply yarn, from handdyed merino wool from the Yarn Wench in a colorway she called "Amethyst-Topaz":


Then, there is my absolute favorite yarn of late and probably my BEST Navajo ply yarn, Undertow, from handdyed Falkland wool from the Yarn Wench:

Then, here is "Sunburnt Sky" handspun art yarns, spun from handdyed merino wool from the Yarn Wench.

I also spun up two different types of wool in colorway "Poodleskirt" (also from the Yarn Wench). The first is domestic wool, plied with Dazzle by Estelle novelty yarn:

Then, there is the two skeins of merino. The first is plied with handdyed nylon novelty yarn (dyed by the Yarn Wench) and the second is plied with thread. Both have some black novelty yarns spun in and lots of angelina for sparkle!

Another two skeins of art yarn spun from handdyed Falkland wool from the Yarn Wench:

I also finished up a two-ply spun from handdyed Falkland Yarn Wench wool before I left:

And, a thicknthin single ply from merino:

I think that's it for now! Some of them are already up on my website and/or Etsy! If they aren't up yet, they should be soon!

3 comments:

Morrgan said...

Looking good! I especially like Sunburnt Sky and the green one.

Just Another Runner said...

thank you! :)

Windyridge said...

Such yummy fibers. I have just gone thru' my stash and posted it on my blog http://onaridge.blogspot.com looking for ideas of what to do with it all. These are my own fibers from my own sheep with the exception of a few. Stop by.

AddThis