I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Sunday, August 26, 2007

What I did today . . .

After a less-than-successful show yesterday (and one where I didn't bring my wheel), and lots of knitting done during the week . . . I missed my wheel and finally got to spin today!

I had this gorgeous merino wool dyed by the Yarn Wench, a colorway she calls "Night Falls". I wanted the skeins to match, so I prepped all of the fiber (8.6 oz!) and then alternated taking one "pile" from each batch while spinning. I got a bobbin full, about half way through the fiber, and just had to see it plied up. So, I Navajo plied it right away. Here is a shot of the fiber and yarn, and one of just the yarn. It is 158 yards and I should be able to get another bobbin of about the same size from the remaining fiber.


No comments:

AddThis