I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Thursday, July 9, 2009

AWESOME! new yarns

Okay, I know I shouldn't be so bold as to say that about my own yarns, but every time I look at this batch today, I just think, AWESOME! Maybe it's the variety of colors, or the variety of fibers, or maybe it's that I spun two art yarns yesterday that were really spontaneous (usually I plan them out ahead of time and these two just happened!). For the singles, it could be that finally they seemed to be pretty well-balanced. Anyways, yesterday I spun wool and had a blast! Four new single ply skeins and two new art yarns - the art yarns spun from blended fiber batts. You can see all the new listings in my etsy shop. Here is the mosaic -

FunctionArt/Batt-tacular - Holly Berry Trail - spun from a LOOP Spontaneous Spinning Batt
FunctionArt/Batt-tacular - Aloha Tangerine Dream - spun from a batt from TerraBellaSpun
Kitty Singles - Ophelia's Midnight - spun from hand dyed merino wool from LimeGreenJelly
Kitty Singles - Vintage PolkaDot - spun from hand dyed Falkland wool from the Yarn Wench
Kitty Singles - Banded Iguana - spun from hand dyed merino wool and tencel blend dyed by DragonFibers (colorway of the same name)
Kitty Singles - Sunfish - spun from hand dyed BFL wool from FatCatKnits

Now, I've really got to get going on some more bamboo today, though I've got some more fun wool spins coming soon!

No comments:

AddThis