I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Starting out the new year . . .

Well, it is the 6th day of the New Year and this is my first blog post. What does this mean? It means I have failed miserably at my "resolution" to blog more!?!?! Oh well. Things just started off a little badly and I think the past few months finally caught up to me and I just SLEPT almost all day New Year's Day which just put me behind on everything and out of sorts. But, I think I'm back on track and ready for the new year!!

Oddly enough, it is starting out the same way 2008 ended - with spinning yet MORE bamboo yarns!! I really wanted to be spinning art yarns by now, but the bamboo has been selling and I hate to have so few colors in my shop - so I decided to spin up some of the remaining colors I had. I've got three listed today - more Springtime in Paris, Serenity, and Very Berry Blues. These are all colors that I probably won't have again until February or March. Why? Because even though I just ordered over 25 pounds of bamboo fiber, these colors are not on the order. They'll be on the next one. BUT, this does mean I'll have lots of good colors coming soon!! Here is a mosaic of the three colors I just listed (you can click on it to take you to my etsy shop bamboo listings)-

Today, I plan on spinning some more Summer Carnival and Marmalade Pine, along with at least one single ply WOOL yarn. Then, TOMORROW, I believe I will get back to the wool and spin either an art yarn or two, maybe a Squish-tastic, or maybe a two-ply. I've gotten some gorgeous fiber colors from the Yarn Wench lately and they are just screaming to be spun!!

Last week, I did spin a few yarns, and one of them was the "Green Man" colorway I've done before. Both sets I spun were for special requests, so never made it to my shop - but here is a mosaic of the 4 skeins anyways -

I do have one more small batch of this fiber color (Pine Forest) but have run out of a couple of the yarns used in these, so if I do another skein it will be slightly different.

I also have some LLAMA roving to spin!!! My MOM got it for me for Christmas - almost 9 ounces in a nice natural brown color. It is from Windridge Farms in Colgate, Wisconsin. I have to admit that I was surprised at how SOFT it is and am really looking forward to spinning it. But, since I'm not sure if I will sell the resulting yarn or not, it's got to be put aside until I get some new yarns into my shop. I know for some having 50+ items is alot, but for me, I feel like my shop is bare, so really need to get spinning!

Which is exactly what I'm going to go do right now!

-----------------------------------

3 comments:

velmalikevelvet said...

Haha, I totally know how you feel about struggling to stick to resolutions! That's why I try to stay away from 'em altogether. Love the new spins - shiny!

Kelli said...

I didn't set any resolutions either, but the blogging more is a good one! I'm doing pretty bad on it right now though! Guess I need to post something. Love all the yarns!

Just Another Runner said...

thank you both!

i guess i didn't really set "resolutions" but i do have "business goals" and blogging actually falls under that - i really want to have a more regular blogging presence, and blog about more than just showing pictures of my yarns - i come up with things to write about while i'm spinning but then when it comes time to post my mind just goes blank!?!

oh well!

AddThis