I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My favorite bamboo color . . .

well, my favorite THIS week at least - is Stormy Night! I forget how wonderful this blend is until I spin it again, and this last batch was extra wonderful! I have 3 skeins of it listed on etsy now - and another pound of it to spin (though 3 of those skeins are already spoken for, I believe)



Today, I finally got back to some art yarn spinning and spun two of my favorite colorways - Mahogany Peacock aka Mahogany Midnight Moon and Black Cherry aka Tainted Love. Tainted Love will be listed tomorrow for sure, and Mahogany Midnight Moon might be (it may be spoken for already, but if not, it will be listed.)

Tomorrow, I am going to spin a Navajo 3ply from a merino/silk blend in the Black Cherry/Tainted Love color and also a 2ply or 3ply from a pretty shade of merino/silk called Broken Heart. These two, along with the Tainted Love art yarn, are probably going to be the extent of any "Valentine" yarns I do this year. I just don't have a lot of pink/red fiber in my stash at the moment!?!?

Ah well, that's all for now - hopefully I'll have some good art yarn pictures tomorrow!

------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Gorgeous!! I'm glad I got some!

AddThis