I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Blues - new art yarns

These yarns were supposed to be spun in December, but I just didn't get to them until now. They are both blues-based and both are spun from hand dyed merino wool from etsy sellers. The top two are "Blue Lagoon" - spun from fiber dyed by Cloudlover - colorway named "Lagoon" and the bottom two are "Smoke on the Water" spun from fiber from FreckleFaceFibers - colorway called "Grecian Blue". You can click on the mosaic and it will take you to my etsy shop where these have been listed for sale.

In other news, I still am really not 100% back on track. My sleep schedule is still pretty messed up, but I'm managing to still get yarns spun - just at odd times of the day! Today I've got to get back to the bamboo for a bit - the first half of my fiber order arrived on Friday! But, I'm also hoping to get to some other yarns this week, too - more Tainted Love art yarn AND Navajo 3ply, another Squish-tastic!, and yes, finally, the LAST of the PLUM DIVINE art yarns! I really meant to get the Plum Divine skeins spun BEFORE the end of 2008, but since I wasn't able to, I guess my plan to "retire" that colorway isn't going to happen. I've got two batches of the "Plumgrove" colorway in merino wool, and *4* batches in a soft Falkland! I don't think they will ALL become art yarns, but I know some of them will. So, I definitely have lots of new yarns planned and coming, just need to spin them! :)

Which means I better get back to work!

(Oh, and I've been "tagged" again, and I really am going to try and do a post for that, but just not sure when or what to say . . .)

No comments:

AddThis