I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekend Challenge - Art yarns done!

It may have taken me a bit longer than just your normal two day weekend, but I did complete my weekend challenge! I spun 9 skeins of art yarn and 1 CoilySpun skein - started on Friday night and finished Monday. Here is a mosaic of the art yarns (I don't have pictures yet of the final skein of "TealWoodSpruce" or the CoilySpun skein - look for those later today!)



Yesterday I received my order of more bamboo fiber from FiberLady so now I will be spinning bamboo for the next couple of days. I also "re-organized" a bit and picked out yarns to go with some batches of fiber for another round of art yarns. I kind of like the idea of making weekends my time to spin art yarns, so maybe those will become my challenge for this coming weekend.

But, for now, I've got to get to work - the bamboo is all ready and waiting to be spun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely stunning - you keep spiining out exquisite combinations...

Just Another Runner said...

thank you! it's been fun to get back to the art yarns.

AddThis