I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What I did this weekend . . .

This weekend was supposed to be filled with spinning, but instead I was distracted by the stormy weather, and also finally gave in and organized my novelty/specialty yarns -

Now, at least, it should be easier for me to gather yarns together for my art yarn spins! I also moved my fiber bins - they are now stacked to the ceiling!?

You can't really tell from these pictures, but the room does look a little more open now!

I DID get some spinning done, and should have 2 new bamboo skeins and a new CoilySpun yarn ready to list later today. Over the weekend, I did finish up a couple of custom spins, one of which was "Plum Berry Sky". This one was spun from a carded batt of fiber from FeltStudio -

I also spun up some merino wool coils -
And, finally, since I had two skeins of "Hillside Wildflowers" and the customer opted for one, I do have one skein available -
I also have two bamboo sets listed (I will have a set of Spring Garden listed later today) -

Citrus Dreams
Cotton Candy Blues -

And, I also spun up a Navajo 3-ply bamboo skein - this one was going to be part of a two-ply, but this batch was darker than any other I've had before, and I just loved the colors so much, didn't want to dilute them by plying with a lighter batch - so, I just spun it by itself into a 3ply - Dark Stormy Night -
Finally, before I go - I am running a BAMBOO SPECIAL in the month of JUNE!
**If you buy TWO or THREE skeins of bamboo yarn - you will get Free Shipping in the USA or Half Price International Shipping.
**If you buy FOUR or more skeins - you will get the shipping discount *AND* $2.50 off *each skein*!

Please see the bamboo listings in my etsy shop or website for more details! This offer will run until 12midnight CST on June 27. (I have a show June 28 and will be on vacation from June 29-July 4). Also, I have a HUGE box of bamboo fiber ready to spin - if there is a color in my sold section that you would like, there is a chance I can spin it again - please contact me for details!

No comments:

AddThis