I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Autumn Mountain Morning

Every now and then I spin a yarn that I truly truly love and think is the *best* *yarn* *ever*. I mean, I love all of my yarns, but sometimes . . . well, sometimes everything (the fiber, the novelty yarns, the locks, the glitz, whatever) all comes together so perfectly . . . that it's like a dream. Well, this week I spun one of those yarns. First, I'll recall the last yarn I felt this way about--

Tequila Sunrise Handspun Art Yarn (unfortunately I didn't have my cool new camera so this pic isn't very good!)

Oh, and I also thought this one worked out really well, too:

Now, here is the most recent, Autumn Mountain Morning. This is two skeins of art yarn spun from handdyed merino wool from the Yarn Wench, in colors I absolutely love! Then, I spun in a variety of novelty yarns, lots of angelina, Cotswold and Romney locks, and plied it with thread. Here are shots of both skeins.
For more pictures, you can check out my flickr pages. Both skeins are on etsy HERE and HERE. I simply love it!

Now, I am taking a break from spinning the art yarns and am working on a Navajo ply again. Should have at least one colorway (two skeins) done by the weekend and may even have another colorway done before my vacation.

No comments:

AddThis