I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Thursday, September 20, 2007

New Yarn - Autumn Song

Just a quickie post this morning to show the new yarn I spun up last night. It will be on etsy later today.

Autumn Song was spun from handdyed Falkland wool (dyed by the Yarn Wench, colorway called "Burning Down the House") with lots of novelty yarns spun in and plied with variegated thread in orange/green/red. First, here is a shot of the fiber I actually have left over for the second skein, and some of the remaining novelty yarns:

Here is the single ply on the bobbin:
And, here is the final yarn:


And, a shot with the remaining fiber, novelty yarns, and finished yarn:
The finished skein is 120 yards! I should be able to get a skein of about the same size from the remaining fiber, though I am thinking about doing it a little differently--maybe plying with one of the novelty yarns instead of thread. We'll see. I may not even get to it tonight, since I am also working on some knitting for the weekend. I've got one pair of wristwarmers done and want to get at least 3 more done by Saturday! I also have a scarf and hat started and should try and finish those, too! Anyways, that's all for now! :)

No comments:

AddThis