I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Spinning frenzy!

So, I have been on a spinning frenzy the past couple of days! After knitting 4 pairs of wristwarmers and a couple of scarves last week in preparation for my show on Saturday, I am finally getting back to the spinning!

Saturday, at the Apple Harvest Festival, I spun up the single for this Navajo plied yarn. (It was plied on Sunday.) It is spun from handdyed merino wool from the Yarn Wench, of course. Colorway called "Shadow Dance". Shadow Dance is on etsy HERE.

Then, I spun up two quick singles from some beautiful merino wool from copperpot.etsy.com
And, I also finished spinning the second half of the Burning Down the House Falkland roving from the Yarn Wench, into Autumn Harvest. This one is on etsy now!

Then, on Sunday night, I also spun up "Club Med 2", handdyed merino wool from the Yarn Wench. Two skeins--one plied with Moda Dea Cheri yarn and the other plied with thread. Both have novelty yarns and Cotswold locks spun in!

That was all done on Sunday! What a day of spinning! This is what I wish I could do *every* day!

Then, yesterday, didn't have as much time, but did spin up another set of art yarns from more handdyed merino wool from the Yarn Wench. This colorway was "Coneflower 2", and I am calling these two yarns "Autumn Mountain Morning". They both have novelty yarns, Cotswold and Romney locks, and angelina spun in and are plied with thread!

Most of these will be on my site later today and may be on etsy later this week. I won't have anything new next week as I'll be on vacation in Las Vegas, but when I return I hope to get some more yarns done for YarnCon which is October 13! I am done with outdoor shows for the season (woohoo!) but still have 7 indoor shows before the end of the year.

1 comment:

Sandra Eileen said...

What inspiring colorways. Fabulous. Hope you do well at the show.

AddThis