I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Patience

So, I plan on doing separate entries for all the new yarns, one per day, so here goes . . .

"Patience" is a handspun two-ply Merino DK weight yarn. It was spun from the February Fiber of the Month from Spunky Eclectic, called "Forecast". I am calling the finished yarn "Patience" because that is exactly what it took for me to get through spinning it! I much prefer spinning bulky yarns--I know I can finish one in the same amount of time as a hockey, baseball, or football game! (Okay, it may not be good to admit, but this IS usually the type of thing on the TV when I spin.) On the other hand, this two-ply yarn took MANY nights to spin! I finally managed to finish it up on Friday evening. I was so happy once it was done, not to mention amazed at the amount of yardage I got from the near-8 oz of fiber! One skein is 288 yards and the other is 240! This yarn is on etsy here! Here are a few more pictures:

No comments:

AddThis