I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Yarns & Sheep in the City

I know I have been very bad about blogging, but it has been a really busy week or so. My birthday was last week, so I did take some time off this past weekend. I'm sort of regretting it now as I prepare for my show, which starts tomorrow, but I really did have fun. We went out on Friday for lunch, and Saturday night to the bars. This was the first time in a long time that i just went out and *relaxed*. Even though I knew I should have been home spinning, I was able to have fun. I really needed a night out like that with Scott as sometimes I feel like the fiber is overtaking everything!

Anyways, today I updated my etsy shop with some new yarns. These are the last new yarns I will post until Monday, when I will post whatever I spin this weekend. I plan on spinning "Squish-tastic!" 2plys while there, and I should get at least 3 done! So, I WILL have new things on Monday.

Here is a mosaic of the new yarns. You can click the picture to go to my etsy shop and have a closer look -

I also received more bamboo fiber in the "Black Gold" colorway. This was the yarn that was featured last weekend in the ETSY WEEKEND DEALS email and Storque article. I have a listing on etsy HERE for a custom-spun skein, but I do plan on spinning that up just as soon as I can. I have quite a few custom spins to get done next week, but in between, I'll be spinning more bamboo and probably a couple more art yarns. If you want to make sure to get your skein or skeins of DRAGONSONG, you may want to purchase the custom listing or EMAIL ME directly.



And, a reminder about THIS WEEKEND! It is the SHEEP IN THE CITY GETAWAY in Oak Creek, Wisconsin! It runs all weekend, and I will be teaching two classes. On Saturday, I'll be teaching art yarn spinning and on Sunday I'll be teaching art yarn knitting. I'm really nervous about doing these sessions, but hopefully it will be okay. Which means I need to get offline now and get fiber/patterns/etc ready for the weekend!

-------------------------

No comments:

AddThis