I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

wait, is it tuesday already?

where did Monday go?? ;)

Well, I meant to post yesterday with some new yarns but I just didn't get a chance. This morning I want to quick post some pics, starting with this one . . .

I love this picture . . . I don't usually like my pictures and I have been struggling with improving them for my etsy listings. But, I took this one yesterday and for some reason - I just really like it!! These were yarns that I spun up on Sunday. Yes, it was a busy spinning weekend and I loved it! I also spun 4 skeins on Saturday - but they all sold right away! I was so happy. Sunday was actually the best sales day I think I have ever had! THANK YOU to all of my wonderful customers!!! Even though they sold, here is a peak at the yarns from Saturday:

yes, that is more "Plum Grove" . . . I love this color. I have said I won't do anymore . . . but I do have some fiber that is similarly colored - but much more "bright" - the green is such a bright (almost neon) green and the purple just *pops*! I can't wait to spin it but am waiting just a little bit - I have novelty yarns coming from multiple sources and would like to change it up and include some *different* novelties that are the brighter, more vivid colors to match the wool. But, I am rambling . . .

The other two in the picture were supposed to be my EtsyFAST March challenge entries, the theme of which is "Fairy Tales". I called the skeins "Irish Fairy Tale" as I thought it would also fit in with St. Patrick's Day in March. Here are closer pics of them:

But, enough about yarns that are no longer available . . .how about some NEW yarns?? Here are the ones from Sunday, all of which are now on etsy (and will be up on my website soon).

First, are the "Strawberry Cheesecake" and "Strawberry Shortcake" bulky 2-ply skeins. I've been wanting to try this for awhile - spin a thick/thin merino wool single and then ply it with a thinner spun merino/silk single for sort of a "squishy" almost-boucle style thick/thin bulky two ply. Naomi tried it with just two differently spun strands of merino, and it turned out squish-a-licious! Here is her "Andromeda":
So, this was my plan, but with the thinner strand being merino/silk. Here is the larger skein, 88 yards, "Strawberry Cheesecake":

And, the smaller, 56 yards, "Strawberry Shortcake":

And, since I had some remaining merino/silk, I Navajo-plied it for this small, mini skein of 54 yards of Navajo 3-ply:

I love how the merino/silk looks spun up like this and think I will have to do more! I have a couple other colorways from the Yarn Wench in this merino/silk blend . . .

Then, there was something bright and fun - and sooo soft! These two skeins were spun from superwash merino wool (dyed by the Yarn Wench, of course!) and I spun in some bright orange, some lighter purple and one blue yarn - then plied with purple and orange thread. These skeins are seriously so soft and silky!
So, that was my weekend! Lots and lots of spinning . . .

And, I tried to keep the momentum going last night - here is a sneak peak at the new yarns that will be listed later today. Two skeins. Both spun from merino wool with novelty yarns spun in and plied with variegated thread.

Okay, that's all I have time for this morning! :)

No comments:

AddThis