I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday already . . . .

and I really don't have much to show for the week! Very sad. I have just been so tired . . . and the weather is just killing me . . .

speaking of . . . we are expecting another snow storm on Sunday. Given the frigid temperatures, the fact I may be getting sick yet again, and the predicted snow . . . I will most likely NOT be at the show I was supposed to be at this weekend. I just don't feel it is worth the extra driving risk PLUS the potential of me getting sick yet again. I hate this. I hate having to bail out on something I agreed to . . . but . . . gah. I still have about 5 hours to decide for sure . . .

I knit another pair of wristwarmers last night, but once again no spinning! If I do skip the show this weekend, I will have lots of time to spin, I hope! I'll also get a chance to take pictures of the knit items I've finished this week . . .

Otherwise, I don't have much to say today! But, since I can't have a post without any pictures, here are a couple yarns (all of which are still available) . . .

Here is one that is about to expire on etsy - It is the most yardage I've gotten for a Navajo 3-ply, and is in the very popular colorway "Andromeda" from Lynn aka the Yarn Wench. This was the *first* batch of this color that has since been repeated but *never* quite the same!
And, here is the only two-ply yarn I currently have (even though I guess it could *technically* be called a 3-ply, since it has two strands of handspun wool and one strand of metallic thread plied together!


And, finally, here are the 3 Hello Kitty Grrlz yarns I currently have available. Another one is on the horizon soon - this one in pretty purples, pinks, and yellows - which I'm hoping to have done this weekend.

Hello Fuchsia Sunshine Kitty
Hello Sweet Kitty
Hello I love you Kitty
If there is a Hello Kitty Grrlz yarn color combination you would like to see, please let me know!

Okay, now I better get back to work!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Love the texture of those last few :]

Unknown said...

i think it definitely should be a spinning, tea drinking weekend. we all push ourselves much too hard...

Just Another Runner said...

thank you both! it was a nice weekend, not a lot of spinning, but did relax . ..

Jus Shar Designs said...

I love the beads in the yarn. I've never seen something like that before. Very clever.

Your blog is pure eye-candy!

AddThis