I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday morning . . .

and, I've got tons of new yarns to share!

The first set were spun from hand dyed merino wool (dyed by the Yarn Wench), a color called "DoveSong". The first skein was spun into a thicker single, then plied with Joanns Sensations Angel Hair yarn - which is just so soft and heavenly! The second was plied with thread with lots of coils and beehives!

Angel Hair and Dove Songs:


Angel Wings and Dove Songs:
Then, there are the yarns spun from the "Rocketman" color from the Yarn Wench, also merino wool. These colors are very Red-Hat-ish, so I tried to make a fun Red Hat art yarn:


Then, I decided to just do a fun coils & beehives yarn with the remaining fiber:
And, my last Valentine yarns of the season! The first is an art yarn with novelty yarns and plied with thread, spun from merino wool dyed by the Yarn Wench. The second is pretty much the same as the first, except it is plied with 3 threads that are strung with *60* Hello Kitty face beads!

Buffy's Valentine:

Hello, I Love You Valentine Kitty:
And, finally, here are two yarns spun from carded batts from TerraBellaSpun.

Cordelia's Wish

So named because this blue reminds me of the color of Cordelia's dress in "The Wish" episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

Anya's Charm

Okay, that's all I have time for! I'm hoping to post again later, though . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you have some fabulous yarns here!

Just Another Runner said...

thank you! :) i have definitely had a surge of spinning inspiration lately.

AddThis