I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

This week . . .

I will be knitting ALOT. This means I may not have many new yarns listed. I am preparing for the MUSKY JAMBOREE in Boulder Junction, Wisconsin, which is Sunday, August 10. I really need to have more of a balance between knits and yarn, so I will be knitting lots of shawls, scarves, and wristwarmers this week. (and, hopefully some hats if there is time.)

Before I started the knitting yesterday, I did get some new yarns spun!

Plum Divine - yes, I am back at spinning this colorway. I broke down and asked for a pound of it to be dyed for me by Lynn (aka the Yarn Wench) which means I should have new yarns in this color over the next few weeks. So far, I've spun up one 4 oz batch. One skein I knit up into this scarf -
for a customer. And, the other skein, at least for now, is available on etsy -

I say "for now" because if this doesn't sell quickly there is a very good chance I will be knitting it into a hat or maybe a scarf for my upcoming show.

I also spun up a bunch of Novel-Ply yarns - these are yarns that are spun with one strand of hand spun merino wool and then plied with a novelty or specialty yarn. Here are the newest ones -

Hot Stuff -


Ocean Splash -

Autumn Sizzle -

Red Maple Buds -

Turquoise Sands Surprise -

So, that is all from me today - I may not be posting for the rest of the week, but I may try and sneak in a few pictures here and there. But, I will be knitting knitting knitting up a storm this week and hopefully will be back to spinning next week!

(oh, and just an update - my email is back to normal now! yay!)

No comments:

AddThis