I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another yarn!

First, I have to say I have gone an entire 4 days without buying any fiber! Sure, I bought a car, but I am really going to have to watch my fiber spending with the new car payment coming up, so every day I can go without a purchase is a little victory for me! (I won't be on a STARVATION diet, of course, but I DO need to cut back--it has been like a fiber buffet for me lately!!)

Second, it was so tough yesterday! Knowing my car is just waiting for me to pick it up! AND! My money cleared much faster than I thought so it is sitting there just waiting for me, too! But, I decided to keep the plan for Friday on course . . .

Third, and probably best of all . . . I spun a yarn last night! It is just a nice little single ply spun from TerraBellaSpun's "Winter Warlock" batt. 150 yards, a little thinner than my usual yarns, maybe dk weight, not sure yet. I did wash my twist-setting/yarn soaking pot very well and finally got this one and the other one in there. I'm hoping to list them both on etsy and my website either tonight or tomorrow! Here is a picture of the Winter Warlock yarn:

And another:
And, here is Bug, staking claim to the bag that the fiber came in--she doesn't care much about the fiber but don't you dare take the plastic bag away from her! :)

That's all for now! Hopefully I'll be spinning another yarn tonight and new car tomorrow!! YAY!!!

No comments:

AddThis