I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grand Opening of River Rock Wool in the Folk Art Emporium

You may have noticed a bunch of my yarns disappeared this week, or became "reserved". Well, that's because they will be at the Grand Opening of the Folk Art Emporium in Menomonie, Wisconsin this SATURDAY, June 12, thanks to Paulette at River Rock Wool! If you are in this area, please consider heading out to this great event! Here is more information, from the River Rock Wool website -

River Rock Wool has found a second home in Menomonie, Wisconsin at the new Fiber Cooperative, "Folk Art Emporium". The Folk Art Emporium (over 2,600 square feet) is stocked with a great selection of hand dyed wool fabric, textured wool on the bolt, recycled wool, patterns, linen, hooks, books, kits, and other rug hooking supplies.

You are invited to our Grand Opening and our first Hook-In on Saturday, June 12th.

The doors open at 10:00 am and so will our Hook-In. Bring a current hooking project or let me, mom, or Sharon help you put together a new project. Hook until 5:00 pm, or just stop in for awhile. The entire line of Sharon A. Smith patterns will be available on linen. If you are thinking of starting a new pattern, let me know when you RSVP--I will keep one for you. Sharon will be unveiling her newest rugs, "Napping Knitter" & "Purple Rain"-- which you are going to love!!!!!

There will be beverages and appetizers available throughout the day. I will have a special Hookers Lunch prepared for everyone at 1:00 pm--please RSVP so I am prepared.

--Ribbon Cutting is at noon with the Menomonie Chamber of Commerce.
--Belly Dancing in the afternoon.
--Traditional music intermittent in the afternoon.
--Demonstrations of Spinning, Weaving, Knitting, Crocheting, Quilting, & RUG HOOKING
--Door Prizes at noon and 5:00 pm (must be present to win)

I look forward to seeing all of you and showing you our new location on our first official day of business.
Please RSVP if you can come to paulette@riverrockwool.com or call 715.294.1732 (home) or just come if plans change last minute and you are able to make it. Hope to hear from you soon.

The Folk Art Emporium is located in downtown Menomonie, across the street from the historic Mable Tainter Theater (considered the most beautiful historic theater in the country), and a few doors down from the University Wisconsin Stout.

Folk Art Emporium
222 Main Street East
Menomonie, WI 54751
715.231.2112
www.riverrockwool.com
(lots of other great shopping in this downtown area as well)

Note: The Menomonie location is in addition to our great location inside the Bear Patch Quilting Company in White Bear Lake, Minnesota and of course everything is always available through the website: www.RiverRockWool.com


This sounds like a ton of fun so I hope anyone in the area interested will check it out! I was next to Paulette last year at the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival and it was amazing to watch them work on this gorgeous rug - and it was also interesting to see *actual* rug hooking and not the 70s version I kept thinking of in my head - latch-hook. I contemplated buying a kit at the time, but knew I just didn't have time for another crafty venture. It IS on my to-do list, though, someday when I have more time.

----------------

No comments:

AddThis