I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Monday, April 16, 2007

What Was I Thinking??

First, I have decided to wait until May to feature other etsy sellers here. The next two weeks are just too busy and I really won't have much time to update. Starting in May, though, I will feature 1-2 new etsy sellers each week!

Now, to the Yarn!!

On Friday night, I finished "Blue Rasberry Icee" handspun boucle novelty art yarn. It is similar to "Bomb Pop" but this one has Romney locks spun in and is plied with blue thread:



On Saturday, I decided I would spin up "Mesa"--handdyed Merino wool from the Yarn Wench. I don't know exactly what I was thinking, (hence the name of the yarn) but I spun in Wensleydale locks in burgundy and orange and plied it with purple and burgundy thread. I also strung round orange/reddish sequins and square lavendar sequins on the thread. It actually turned out better than I thought it would, but I'm still not sure about it:



This is also a photo taken in much brighter sunlight than normal and I'm wondering if it actually looks any better than those taken in "regular" light:


These will be the last new yarns from me for about 2 weeks, but once May hits I'll be spinning up a storm!

No comments:

AddThis