I'm a librarian, spinner, knitter! This is my blog for crafty things, updates to my shop and more.
You can check out my handspun yarns here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns and my hand knit items here - Kitty Grrlz Hand Knits

Monday, August 26, 2013

Fall Show schedule is pretty much set!


I've got my fall show lineup complete!  Just got word today that I was accepted into the Ninth Annual Holiday Craftacular which was the last show I was waiting to hear about.

You'll be able to find Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarn and Knits at five events starting in September.  I'll kick off the autumn show season slowly with a small fiber event called Fiber in the Park in Earlville, Illinois.  This is a really nice, small, local fiber-focused event.  It is held at Shabbona Park - 4165 E. 16th Road in Earlville, Illinois (zip:  60518).  I will have my handspun yarns at this show, but will also have a lot of other fiber and yarn items.  I won't have many finished hand knits, however.  EDITED to note that the Facebook page for this event has listed the address as 4178 Co. Hwy. 22 which might help!  Check out the Fiber in the Park website for more information!

Next, I'll be at the Handmade Market at the Empty Bottle in Chicago, Illinois on October 12.  This show will be the debut of one of my new fall finished knit items...and I'm not going to say more until then!  I'll have lots of hand spun yarns here, hand knit scarves and more.

In November, I've got the trilogy of awesome indie craft shows!

I'll start off on November 16, 2013 at Craft'za in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  This is the FIRST time Kitty Grrlz will be in Minneapolis!  I'm really excited and hope this will be a great way to start off three weeks of indie craft awesomeness.  I'll have all of my regular items here - hand spun yarns of all types (art yarns, bamboo, single plys and more!), plus a full stock of hand knit items - scarves, shawls and hats.  Plus my new hand knit accessory (more details will come later.)  This event is being held at the Grain Belt Bottling House Atrium.

Next up will be the Holiday Craftacular in Madison, Wisconsin.  I haven't done a Craftacular in a few years so am excited to be back in Madison.  I'll have my mix of  hand spun yarns and hand knit items.  This will be held at the Madison Masonic Center in downtown Madison.

I'll end the season on what I hope will be a very high (but sad) note - the grand finale of ART VS CRAFT in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  I love this show and the past few years it has been my best event of the year, and this will be the FINAL event.  I'm already planning something special for this show and it will be the only November show where I will have blended fiber batts for spinning and felting.  It is held at the Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee.

There is ONE more place you'll be able to find Kitty Grrlz Hand Spun Yarns this fall and that is at the Willow Mist Boutique - 1107 Ligonier Street in Latrobe, Pennsylvania!  Right now I've got an assortment of Kitty Grrlz HandSpun FunctionArt art yarns there, along with some perfect-for-Autumn single ply skeins!  Their GRAND OPENING is September 14, 2013!


I'll post more about each event as it gets closer, but this is where Kitty Grrlz will be this fall!  Now, I better get working ... I've got lots to knit and spin over the next few months!


No comments:

AddThis